Sonia Regan - Community Development Coordinator
Community Development Coordinator
Children’s Centres have a Community Development Coordinator who is available to support and encourage parents and families to actively participate in all aspects of the centre and the broader community.
The Community Development Coordinators also partner with other agencies to plan and organise a range of programs including:
- Playgroups for parents and carers supporting nature play, intergenerational connections and child development.
- Parenting programs: child development, early literacy, song time, music and movement, baby massage, support groups, cooking and first aid.
- Community events: family fun days, community lunches, school holiday programmes cultural events, celebrations and BBQs.
- Personal development: literacy, career pathways, skill development, volunteering and adult education.
- Parents and Community: centre volunteer program, a Parent Advisory Group, supporting parents to have an active role in the community.
Community engagement is about building relationships for the benefit of children, families and the community. Children benefit from strong connections with others in a supported, caring environment. By providing opportunities for parents / carers to connect to each other and others in the community, we can develop a strong, positive, family-friendly community.
Please contact us for more information about the range of community development activities at our centre.
See the What's Happening Page for our current program.